gnokii: > 0.6.30.
Using GNU/Linux both worked :
- with bluetooth :
port = my:ma:ca:dd:re:ss rfcomm_channel = 1 model = AT connection = bluetooth
using : Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
- with usb :
model = AT connection = serial port = /dev/ttyUSB1
It the above case, cdc-* modules were not loaded but usbserial was (with correct vendor/product ids parameters). It happens that two ttyUSB devices are detected, the second one is the one to use.
Kernel : 2.6.39 Bus 002 Device 065: ID 04e8:663f Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd SGH-E720/SGH-E840 phone using Samsung PC Studio mode
* ME: ok but doesn't yet support SPBW=0 * SM: TODO
* with --sendsms
* with --getsms but note that empty SMS slots are skipped after a looong timeout
Manufacturer : Samsung Modell : SGH-U600 Product name : SGH-U600 Revision : U600BAGGL1_HB1 Serial device: closing device
Modem/tethering works: it fails with ttyACM but works with ttyUSB. Direct use of wvdial does not appear to work but pppd/pon binding does !
- Unload/unbind cdc-acm and option kernel modules, loads usbserial specifying correct product/vendor.
- Sample pppd file: /etc/ppp/peers/free (http://www.blogeee.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60935#p60935)
noauth /dev/ttyUSB1 connect "/usr/bin/wvdial --chat" ktune 115200 defaultroute noipdefault usepeerdns crtscts noccp noaccomp novj novjccomp lock nodetach debug kdebug 2
- Sample /etc/wvdial.conf (or ~/.wvdialrc):
[Dialer Defaults] Modem Type = USB Modem Modem = /dev/ttyUSB1 Baud = 115200 # Carrier Check = no Stupid Mode = yes FlowControl = None Dial Command = ATDT Init1 = ATZ Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0 # highly dependent of the provider Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","free" # highly dependent of the provider Phone = *99# New PPPD = yes Password = Username =
- then pon free
[ not 100% working though, may need unplug/replug between attemts, see also https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=234116 ]
notes about about serial communication
- /usr/bin/cu is part of net-misc/taylor-uucp
- if using xminicom (to test --writephonebook into SM), add this initialization sequence into ~/.minirc.dfl:
pu minit ~^M~ATZ^M~ATE1^M~AT+CMEE=1^M~AT+GMM^M~AT+CGMI^M~AT+CPBS="SM"^M~AT+CPBR=1